* This position is now closed, thank you for your interest in the role. For further opportunities at Thud Media please visit our jobs page; you can also send in speculative enquires for future positions *
We’re looking for a Unity C# developer to join the team here at Thud Media in January 2020 and get involved in our ongoing game and tools development. The ideal candidate for this role will have worked on released game titles, have experience in tool development and have a hunger to learn new processes and technology.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of our busy, close-knit team working in-house at our central Cardiff studio, contributing to games and animation creation.
Responsibilities and duties
- Take a game from wireframe through to release candidate
- Collaborate with asset developers to bring projects together
- Work with initiative and to schedule milestones
- Take on technical challenges and find solutions to process hurdles
- Optimise and test the software to ensure stability
- Recommend and implement improvements to existing games/tools
- Have shipped at least 1 title with Unity
- Excellent knowledge of C#, with a clear understanding of coding best practices
- Knowledge of version control processes; Git, Sourcetree etc
- Team development experience
- Proactive; able to solve issues effectively
- Understanding of animation techniques and production
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Have worked on commercially released game titles
- Degree in a Computer Science, Mathematics or Scientific discipline
- Experience with non-Unity game engines (UE4 etc.)
- Understanding of UI/UX principles
- Experience with mobile dev and SDKs (Android & iOS)
- Experience using common art and 3D software packages (Photoshop, Illustrator, Blender…) is a plus
- No telecommuting (in-house role)
- No agencies please
- Initial 3 month contract (with potential for extension)
How to Apply
Email your application over to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: Unity Developer
Please include attachments or links to your latest and greatest work: CV, portfolio, examples of code/app work, Github, itch.io, etc.
If not from the EU, candidates must have a full work Visa in place for the entirety of the contract.