We are seeking a developer to join us here at Thud Media to work on a ongoing software development project. We are building a fork of Blender focused on series animation and are looking to expand the team for the development and testing of this system. The successful candidate will also assist in optimization, support and issue fixing in the final stages of the development.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of our busy, close-knit team working in-house at our central Cardiff studio. You’ll be working within the multi-skilled and creative tech crew to help build this animation software tool for the benefit of games and production animation.
Responsibilities and duties
- Develop and implement new features in the fork of Blender
- Maintain and improve the performance of the software
- Optimise and test the software to ensure stable functionality
- Recommend and implement improvements to existing features as necessary
- Knowledge of the following programming languages:
- C, C++, C# and Python
- Knowledge of Git
- Knowledge of Unity
- Version control processes
- Team development experience
- Proactive; able to solve issues effectively
- Able to adhere to milestones and project schedules
- Understanding of computer animation techniques
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Have developed software in one or more of the required languages
- Degree in a Computer Science, Mathematics or Scientific discipline
- Understanding of UI/UX principles
- Interest in animation production
- No telecommuting (in-house role)
- No agencies please
- Initial 12 month contract (with potential for extension)
How to Apply
Email your job application to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: Software Developer Blender
Please include attachments or links to your latest CV, portfolio, examples of code/app work.
If not from the EU, candidates must have a full work Visa in place for the entirety of the contract.
Please note we aim to respond to applications as soon as possible, but responses may take longer due to volume of applications.