* This position is now closed, thank you for your interest in the role. For further opportunities at Thud Media please visit our jobs page; you can also send in speculative enquires for future positions *
We’re looking for a talented 2D artist and designer to join the team here at Thud Media in January 2020 and jump on an interesting new game where exploring a large hotel, taking to inhabitants and taking on challenges is the focus. A lovely visual style is in place and needs expanding to the requirements of the game. The ideal candidate for this role will have previously worked on released game titles, be able to create in an existing art style and have experience in collaborating with a development team.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of our busy, close-knit team working in-house at our central Cardiff studio.
Responsibilities and duties
- Illustrate characters, backdrops and props for a new 2D game
- Design assets that are game ready (layered, format, scale, export spec)
- Collaborate with developers to bring the project together
- Work with initiative and to schedule milestones
- Take on design challenges and find creative solutions
- Flexible ability to match an existing style
- High proficiency in (Adobe) Photoshop and Illustrator
- Can showcase interior environment work; structure, perspective, detail
- Team development experience
- Proactive in approach to work
- Keen eye for detail and artwork ‘finish’
- Understanding of animation techniques
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Have worked on commercially released game title(s)
- Rigging/animation with Spine2D tool
- Experience with Unity game engine
- Understanding of UI/UX principles
- Experience using 3D software packages Blender, Maya or similar
- No telecommuting (in-house role)
- No agencies please
- Initial 3 month contract
How to Apply
Email your application over to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: 2D Artist
Please include attachments or links to your latest and greatest work: CV, portfolio, examples of work, Artstation etc.
If not from the EU, candidates must have a full work Visa in place for the entirety of the contract.